Pretty Ugly

For SSR I am reading a book called Pretty Ugly, this book is about a girl named Jamee  a freshman at Bluford High School who is aiming to become a cheerleader but is struggling with her grades in Algebra. Ever since Jamee started going to Bluford and even before, everyone has been comparing Jamee to her older sister Darcy. Darcy is a straight A student and always strives to do her best in everything she does. Jamee thinks that if she makes the cheer leading team that’ll be just one thing Darcy couldn’t do, one thing that can’t compare Jamee and Darcy. Lately, Jamee has seen Vanessa a junior and her friends, bullying a girl named Angel. Angel is also a freshman at Bluford High school and she used to go to an all girls private school before going to Bluford. Angel and Vanessa are both auditioning to be cheerleaders and Vanessa picks on Angel because she isn’t as pretty as Vanessa and her friends. When Jamee starts to stick up for Angel, Vanessa and her friends target Jamee and starts rumors about Jamee and tells everyone is school.

One thought on “Pretty Ugly

1. Alexus,
    Thanks for sharing!! In your next post, I’d love to see more in-depth analysis about your book – such as about themes, big ideas, connections to the world/other texts, etc. I look forward to your next post!
    Ms. Engel